Natural Cures and Remedies for Constipation
Constipation is a condition a lot of people go through but
unfortunately, few like to discuss it as there is a misconception that
it is embarassing. This condition mostly occurs in all genders and age
groups. Even though it's not really a serious matter, but it could
become a health hazard over time if the patient doesn’t seek
Constipation occurs when your bowel movements become less frequent or
extremely painful. For a normal person, the bowel movements range from
three times a day to one or two times a week. No bowel movements for
over three days causes constipation and the feces become harder and
difficult to pass. Additionally, many individuals who go through these
symptoms usually place pressure on the rectum area and this is why
many of them experience bleeding as well.
The symptoms of constipation include:
1. Straining during bowel movements.
2. Hard stools for more than 25% of the time.
3. Incomplete evacuation.
4. Two or even fewer bowel movements in a week.
5. Abdominal and back pain.
7. Swollen abdomen
8. Pain while urinating.
10. Finding it difficult to perform regular acitivites during the day
and sitting down.
. Constipation is not caused due to a structural issue unlike what
many people think. Instead, it is caused due to a disorder in bowel
function. The causes of constipation can be:
• Less water intake.
• Low fiber in the diet.
• Disruption in regular routine often caused by travelling.
• Less amount of exercise and movemenst. This is more apparent among
individuals who work from home.
• Consuming large amounts of dairy products. Constipation is more
apparents for individuals who are allergic to diary products.
• Antacid medicines.
• Medicines like narcotics of heavy pain killers.
• Depression and anxiety.
• Eating disorders especially if the diet doesn’t consist of enough
• Pregnancy due to unusual movements.
• Colon cancer other other types of cancer.
Sometimes lack of muscle function is also the cause for constipation.
Additionally, stress, changes in hormones and specific types of
medications can make these symptoms worse, especially if the patient
is suffering from other medical problems or isn’t following treatments
properly. This is more apparent among individuals who suffer from
excessive stress all of a sudden. Even though constipation is not a
big hazard at the start , if its prolonged for more than two weeks it
could require medical attention.
Constipation can also be caused by other medical problems. One of the
causes of constipation is colon cancer and irritable bowel syndrome.
If this is the cause , then that cancer can be diagnosed early and it
could be treated easily. Even though there aren’t any special methods
to diagnose and treat constipation but there are few things that your
doctor might do. These methods include:-
• Blood tests that are performed to check if a hormonal imbalance is
the cause behind constipation.
• Barium studies can be conducted to see if there is any obstruction
of the colon involved here.
• Colonoscopy is another test to look for any structural obstruction
of the colon.
• Stool tests and this is also going to assist doctors in predicting
if other medical problems are available.
Most patients suffering from constipation don’t have any obvious
symptoms of any of these diseases. They are likely to suffer from one
of these problems if their condition develops:
1. Colonic Inertia: this is a disease in which the colon contracts
2. Obstructed defecation: there is a problem in passing stool.
There are numerous measures and lifestyle changes that can be
implemented to manage these symptoms and completely eliminate them.
These changes should be done in the diet consumed as well like
avoiding spicy food as this is the main reason why constipation
affects individuals in many situations. It is recommended to increase
the amount of fibre in the diet as well and consume food such as fresh
vegetables, fruits, and cereals. Keep in mind that fibre is very
beneficial for individuals who suffer from constipation along with IBS
Certain medications are going to be described to decrease symptoms
such as pain and constipation. There are also psychological treatments
such as cognitive behavioural therapy, hypnosis, relaxation or
psychotherapy that are used and these are usually done by individuals
who don’t prefer medications. Additionally, herbal therapies such as
Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture are used to manage these
symptoms. Additionally, laxatives are going to be used to enhance
bowel movements along with enhancing stool movements.
Formulated compound that uses oxygen to safely aid the body in curing constipation.
Helps maintain a healthy colon by populating the intestines with beneficial bacteria.
Homeopathic remedy relieves digestive discomfort, improves systemic detox and metabolism.